We Need a Machinist!
February 27, 2015 3:17 PM | Tagged as Hiring, machinist
POSITION: Machinist / Machine Builder
THE COMPANY: Automation Engineering, reorganized under new ownership in 2011, continues to maintain the premium standards established over the 35 years the company has been in business. Time honored practices of exceptional customer service, experienced personnel, and a commitment to quality make us the leaders in automated assembly and testing systems. These systems have serviced a wide variety of industries including, automotive, aircraft, medical, and consumer goods.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints (Metric or English units)
· Understanding of tolerances and tolerance stack up
· Strong working knowledge of machine shop mathematics
· Setup and operate manual Mills, Lathes, & Grinders
· Use micrometers, calipers, and various other precision measurement devices
· Understanding of materials, cutting tools, and speeds and feeds.
· Understands urgency and deadline requirements
· Ability to communicate well with designers, engineers, and customers
· Stand and operate / build machines for an 8 hour day
· Occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
· Ability to perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
· Experience with mechanical / electrical assembly and troubleshooting
· Build and wire machines per drawings and documentation
· Maintain a professional disposition
· Must be able to bend, kneel, squat, and crawl over or through machines as required during the assembly process
· Estimated 70% machinist 30% assembly
· Occasional travel will be required
· Conversational CNC Programming
· Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles (especially SMED)
· Working knowledge of GD&T
· Experience in a Low Volume – High Mix machining environment (0-10pcs)
· A successful candidate should possess basic machinist and hand tools
PREFERRED EDUCATION: 2 year college degree or 3 years minimum work experience.
CONTACT DETAILS: Send resumes to Andrea Roth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in Now Hiring! | 0 Replies
Are you a Controls Engineer?
June 30, 2014 4:15 PM | Tagged as Controls Engineer, Hiring
AE is currently looking for a qualified Controls Engineer! If you fit the following description, feel free to submit a resume to email@example.com:
The Controls Engineer position requires a passionate individual who demonstrates innovative ideas, takes ownership for project work, and exhibits a high level of personal leadership. Additionally, the Controls Engineer should have creative problem solving skills and patience to evaluate and troubleshoot process and control system performance. The ideal candidate would have experience in electrical design and programming systems. A Controls Engineer is expected to create electrical prints and related documentation to support the electrical integration of mechanical equipment for the shop floor. Following is a list of essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
• System design
• Specification preparation
• PLC programming
• HMI programming
• SCADA programming and configuration
• Shop debug
• Simulation and testing of programs
• Start-up assistance at customer sites
• Panel design and layout
• Manage project documentation
• BOM creation
Preferred Education and Experience: BS Engineering degree 3+ years experience in similar discipline. Experience with the following: wiring schematics, piping and instrumentations diagrams (mainly electrical/pneumatics), Auto-CAD (electrical knowledge), Inventor or related 3D software, comprehension of electrical and mechanical prints (Metric and English Standard), Electrical Engineering (confirms systems and components capabilities), AC/DC power circuits, and maintaining project responsibilities and timing
Posted in Now Hiring! | 0 Replies
Posted: February 27, 2015 3:17 PM We Need a Machinist!
Posted: June 30, 2014 4:15 PM Are you a Controls Engineer?
Posted: March 15, 2013 1:48 PM Lance Price Moves to AE's Business Development Team
Posted: September 13, 2012 3:33 PM AUTOMATION ENGINEERING IS HIRING!!!
Posted: July 31, 2012 9:37 AM Jon Osborn Joins AE's Mechanical Engineering Group
Posted: July 10, 2012 4:00 PM AE Bolsters its Controls Engineering Department
Posted: June 14, 2012 3:44 PM Automation Engineering Welcomes Cameron Hummel to the Team
Posted: June 1, 2012 3:27 PM Cary Ragan Joins the AE Team