We Need a Machinist!
February 27, 2015 3:17 PM | Tagged as Hiring, machinist
POSITION: Machinist / Machine Builder
THE COMPANY: Automation Engineering, reorganized under new ownership in 2011, continues to maintain the premium standards established over the 35 years the company has been in business. Time honored practices of exceptional customer service, experienced personnel, and a commitment to quality make us the leaders in automated assembly and testing systems. These systems have serviced a wide variety of industries including, automotive, aircraft, medical, and consumer goods.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints (Metric or English units)
· Understanding of tolerances and tolerance stack up
· Strong working knowledge of machine shop mathematics
· Setup and operate manual Mills, Lathes, & Grinders
· Use micrometers, calipers, and various other precision measurement devices
· Understanding of materials, cutting tools, and speeds and feeds.
· Understands urgency and deadline requirements
· Ability to communicate well with designers, engineers, and customers
· Stand and operate / build machines for an 8 hour day
· Occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
· Ability to perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
· Experience with mechanical / electrical assembly and troubleshooting
· Build and wire machines per drawings and documentation
· Maintain a professional disposition
· Must be able to bend, kneel, squat, and crawl over or through machines as required during the assembly process
· Estimated 70% machinist 30% assembly
· Occasional travel will be required
· Conversational CNC Programming
· Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles (especially SMED)
· Working knowledge of GD&T
· Experience in a Low Volume – High Mix machining environment (0-10pcs)
· A successful candidate should possess basic machinist and hand tools
PREFERRED EDUCATION: 2 year college degree or 3 years minimum work experience.
CONTACT DETAILS: Send resumes to Andrea Roth at email@example.com
Posted in Now Hiring! | 0 Replies
Posted: February 27, 2015 3:17 PM We Need a Machinist!
Posted: June 30, 2014 4:15 PM Are you a Controls Engineer?
Posted: March 15, 2013 1:48 PM Lance Price Moves to AE's Business Development Team
Posted: September 13, 2012 3:33 PM AUTOMATION ENGINEERING IS HIRING!!!
Posted: July 31, 2012 9:37 AM Jon Osborn Joins AE's Mechanical Engineering Group
Posted: July 10, 2012 4:00 PM AE Bolsters its Controls Engineering Department
Posted: June 14, 2012 3:44 PM Automation Engineering Welcomes Cameron Hummel to the Team
Posted: June 1, 2012 3:27 PM Cary Ragan Joins the AE Team